Single password entry to gain access to all sub-albums within one main album

I’ve created an album to document a day’s activity with photos. The main album itself does not contain any photos, but instead is comprised of several sub-albums that have all the photos from the event to allow easier navigation by viewers of the album. I’ve used “Album Preferences” to designate the “Album Access” for the main album and all of its sub-albums as unlisted.

I am interested in requiring use of a password to gain access to all of the photos in the album, but I don’t want guest viewers to be burdened by having to enter the password every time they want to open one of the many sub-albums. What I would like to do is to require that a password is used to open the main album, and that once it is opened, the guest viewer can then browse any sub-album wiithin the main album without having to enter a password again. After testing different combinations of checking the box to “Enable password protection” in “Album Preferences” for the main and sub-albums, I have not been able to set up the password required access as what I would like to do.

Does anyone know how to set up a access to all sub-albums within a main album with only a single entry of a password to open the main album?

If there is no such capability, I can easily envision that having a checkbox for “Global” controls or “Apply to all sub-albums” within “Album Preferences” would be a desirable feature. Such a control would allow a user to designate preferences for the main album that then would apply to every sub-album contained within in the main album.

Dear James,

Please make sure you have the lower level albums unlisted and share only the top level album, which should be password protected.

The SlickPic Team